Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still more teasers, no real message

I waited another week to hear from Amanda, er, um, Maria. Slow is ok with me, but this seems excessively so. And when she did finally write back, it was just:

====
Hi there!
It's me Maria again! How are you? I hope you are well! All weekend I tried to compose a long circumstantial letter to you but the time was short for me and I didn't do it. Today is Tuesday and I have got a lot of work so I can't write much again. It's terrible! But I promise that I'll write you a long letter real soon and will send you my picture! I want you to know that I'm really interested in knowing you.

Well, I have to go. Talk to you later.

Sincerely Maria
====

A "circumstantial" letter? Oh well, I think I mentioned she was hot. So I could overlook... well, pretty much anything. Pretty much. I wrote back:

====
Good morning, Maria!

>> How are you? I hope you are well!

I'm snowed in and working from home, but I'm well for all that. I hope the day finds you happy and warm!

>> Today is Tuesday and I have got a lot of work so I can't
>> write much again. It's terrible!

Thanks for taking the time to jot me a note. It was just what I needed to brighten up this morning!

>> But I promise that I'll write you a long letter real
>> soon and will send you my picture!

That will be wonderful, I look forward to it!

>> I want you to know that I'm really interested in knowing you.

Thank you! The feeling is mutual.

Back to work for me. I'll send this on as soon as I can. My internet connection here at home is acting up. So next time it comes up for a minute or more, I'll send this off.

Have a good day,

Dave
====

So the pattern is that she sends me a little nothing of a note, and I -- like Pavlov's Dog -- drool all over it and send her lots more back. Happily, her next letter came much sooner that usual.

No comments: